Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Is your name easy to remember?


All of my future paintings will be signed Linda Lee Hodge and I will tell you why. I recently attended a workshop in Kentucky with a wonderful artist. One of his many suggestions for a professional artist is to have a name people can remember.

I put a lot of thought into it, and then I made a decision. I have family members that have a catchier name than mine or grandparents that I could use but I was named after my dad's initials L L Davis same as his brother, so I'm going to keep L L (Linda Lee Hodge)

Today is a good day to tell you this being Veterans Day. My Dad and his brother were both in World War II. I never met my Uncle as he was killed in the war. My Dad was a medic and was there the day after Pearl Harbor was bombed. I keep my name in honor of them, whether it may be memorable or not.

My deepest thanks to all the sacrifices made by all veterans. I am forever indebted.

No comments:

Post a Comment